Tuesday, June 8, 2010

tidbits

I wanted to write a few little fun things about Eece, because he changes every day and I don't want to forget the details!
Reece will not go to bed without socks.  We do our nighttime ritual of brushing teeth, reading 2 books, I tell him a story then he tells me a story, we sing one song, and then he begs for me to go night night with him, he asks to give me hugs and kisses, he wants to tell me something by the door, he says he wants more hugs and kisses, he asks for his baba (bottle), he asks for a bandaid for the slightest boo-boo, he begs for just ONE more story, he says, "Mama, whach are WE gonna do tomorrow?", ETC.! So anyway after I finally tear myself away, he can be heard climbing up on his dresser to pull the top drawer open and getting some socks. In the morning, I ask him why he always puts socks on, and he says, "Because my feet were bery cold and they were almost freezing."

Reece just asked me, "Mama, why aren't we going anywhere? Why are we staying in the house?" (he loves to just get out.. go to McDonald's playland, only to sit by me or play with his trucks, but at least he gets his beloved french fries!) He also loves to go to Michael's (craft store!)...perhaps that's because I let him buy one candy when we go.  He also loves all the little kid crafts there, and the little dollar cars.

Reece and I are currently hanging out for a few weeks this summer before I go to work for 2 weeks teaching crafts to my elementary kids.  Then Reece will be hanging out with Dada!  Yesterday we went swimming and he loved it...
Now, can you imagine a cuter ad for watermelon than this one?!!  LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!
OH I almost forgot... out of the blue, he said, "Mama, I like you, I think you're beau-ful!"  He just melted my heart!!!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Ally, another gladney mom here! Just see you on the FBI and wonder how y'all are handling the wait. The long, crummy wait. :/

Ally said...

The LONG CRUMMY wait is a really nice way to put it!!! We are just flabburgasted!! We know another Gladney family who was on the wait list only one month longer than we are, and they already have their daughter! We haven't even gotten our referral yet!!! I have no idea what the heck is going on over there. My only comfort is my sweet little Reece, who is perfect in every way! And perfect for our family...and all the things we went through to get him, all worked together in the end. We actually had to "reject" the first child they referred to us (for medical reasons) but having to do that was intensely painful, I cried for 3 days straight! However, in the end that was a "stepping stone" to getting Reece, and we can't imagine our lives without him... so I just try to have faith that it will work out like that again for us!

Missy said...

Oh wow - are you on the gladney yahoo board? You can glean tidbits of info from there. I bet May is your month! Email me if you want to chat more!

missydoll@gmail.com