Saturday, January 24, 2009

Missed you!


Reece really loved meeting little Ruthie Funderburk! He keeps saying "Baby Woothie"!! Perhaps he has already fallen in love with her?? We have so much enjoyed having Jana and Michael in our lives. We became friends through the Gladney Ethiopia adoption program.

Reece loves to watch "the Office" with us! I wonder how long that will last?

Reece is looking at the "Book of Eece", at pictures of me, him, and Wagaye (wuh-guy-a) who is his birth mother.

I lubba that belly!

Love those 80 degree January days in Texas!!!

Little Reece keeps me sooo busy that I don't have time to blog! Actually I spend my time making real (physical) scrapbook pages about him... so much, that he calls the scrapbook the "book of Eece". He is talking more and more every day!!!
I was showing him pictures of his birth mother, Wagaye... the woman to whom we are forever indebted. I was telling him about her...and now Reece goes around saying "Gaye belly" (becuase I told him he grew inside Wagaye's belly). It is so precious... we want him to know that he was adopted and that he has two moms who love him, and we want it all to seem very normal and natural.
In other news...I am partaking in Project 365... it is soooo cool! You take one photo every day. I've done a good job so far this year!!! 24 photos in 24 days... I am already surprised at the greater variety of photos I am getting.
I also just started another blog...(it's 3:50 am) It's my papercrafting blog! I do all sorts of paper arts and it's my way of relaxing and having fun. I make greeting cards, teach cardmaking classes, and have a personal scrapbooking service! Anyway that is at
http://ally-minimonkey.blogspot.com is that right???
So enjoy these photos of Reece!!! He is soooooooooo precious! He recently said a 4 word sentence: "Donkey look through window." That's what's happening in one of our favorite books by Richard Scarry. We LOVE him! Christian and I both read his books when we were kids, so we are so excited that his books are still available.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yay, you're alive:-)!! Reece is getting so big and cuter each day. You need to let me know next time you are here..we'll come play!! Pacey is walking and talking and ready to get into trouble with her buddy!!
Oh...and you'd better come to the get together next summer in Tulsa!!
Glad to hear from you all!!

joc and pacey

Amber said...

I hope to see you all at the next DFW event. He is getting so big and handsome!

Sparkz said...

Same cutie I can't believe how much bigger though! He is really growing! I love the updates! They are fun to see!

A&W said...

i just LOVE those sweet dimples and bright eyes!!