Sunday, May 25, 2008

Re-legitimizing ourselves in the blogosphere

We know we've really dropped off the globe of the Ethiopian adoption blogosphere since the arrival of Reece--just a few short bursts of postings months apart since we came home with him last August. To make an analogy: in the world of Ethiopian adoption we have "made it" and are now rich and lazy--we have forgotten our roots!

Now that we have decided to party down with other Drew, Carey, and Zoe, as well as other Ethiopian adoptive families this summer in CA (click here for more info) , families who for the most part have met through the blogosphere, we are feeling the pressure to re-legitimize ourselves in the blogosphere. We don't want to be imposters out there!

I really would like to write more regularly, but I'm too busy (oh wait, I have only one child and you other bloggers often have 2 or 3 or more!)...well, actually, it's my job that's so demanding (oh wait, Ally and I are both in the school system and we only have 3 months of vacation every year)...ok, I'm just lazy. So here comes another flurry of postings about life with our very own Ethiopian royalty, Ras Besufekade!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Welcome back;-) We missed you all! I am so excited that you are going to the blog union!!

Jana said...

Yay! you are 2legit2quit.